2nd Best experience in Africa
- TripAdvisor 2019
2nd Best new experience in the World
- Lonely Planet 2015
Cape Canopy Tour
In hot pursuit of adrenalin adventure in nature?
A zipline canopy tour in the company of soaring eagles, surrounded by breath-taking Cape fynbos panoramas and mountainscapes only an hour’s drive from Cape Town by car could well be exactly what you are looking for. Thrilled zipliners who have completed the course have described it as super safe. One commented that the quality of the structure and equipment was reassuringly high and had made her fear of heights irrelevant.
Lonely Planet recently listed Cape Canopy Tour, located in the Elgin Valley near Grabouw and scaling the rugged Hottentots Holland mountains in the Cape Nature reserve of the same name, as second on the list of the world’s hottest new tourism experiences for 2015. Cape Canopy Tour was the only African attraction to make the list! It has been described by Lonely Planet as “vertigo-tinged fun” and “an exciting aerial perspective”.
Situated in the Hottentots Holland Nature Reserve, we have partnered with CapeNature to take you into a previously inaccessible and pristine part of this amazing World Heritage Site. Only one hour from Cape Town, we offer a fully guided adventure activity for nature enthusiasts of ages 5 to 75!
2nd best new attraction in the world – Lonely Planet 2015
2nd best attraction in Africa – TripAdvisor 2019
What to Bring
- Please be sure to bring warm clothes – weather in the Cape can be unpredictable, especially up in the mountains
- Comfortable shoes to walk in
- Rain gear will be provided in wet weather
- Return 4×4 mountain trip
- Fully guided zipline experience (13 mountain-top platforms, 11 slides and a suspension bridge)
- Park Fees
- Wet weather gear if required
- Optional extra Personalised tour video
What to Expect
After a safety briefing and kitting up at the reception, guests will be transported by 4×4 high into the mountain range: this is where the fun begins!
Two professional guides will accompany each small group, ensuring strict safety standards all the while providing an enlightening and educational experience, providing interesting facts about the nature and geology of this interesting area.
Slide along steel cables from platform to platform, taking you past waterfalls and through valleys, enjoying all that mother nature has to offer. With 13 platforms and slides up to 320m long, both nature and adventure enthusiasts will be sure to come back for more!
After a short walk back to the vehicle, we transport you back down to enjoy a light meal together.
Need to know
Our cables are designed to hold several tons, however, in order to safely enjoy the tour, we require our clients to be able to fit comfortably into a full body safety harness, with a weight limit of 120kg.
Please note that if you weigh over 120kg, but you’re fit and in good shape, it is likely that your body shape will fit comfortably in the harness with no problems at all.
Ff there are any small children or guests requiring a tandem, please to advise the office in advance.
We regret, that participating in the Cape Canopy Tour experience is not permitted when pregnant.
Cape Canopy Tour is an adventure activity, and we recommend a reasonable level of fitness. You will need to hike for 1km up and out of the mountain after the tour.
What to bring:
Please be sure to bring warm clothes since weather in the Cape can be unpredictable – especially up in the mountains.
Comfortable shoes to walk in.
Rain gear will be provided in wet weather.
For safety reasons we don’t allow alcohol on or before the tour.
How to find us
S 34° 04’ 15”, E 19° 02’ 59”
- Take the N2 to Elgin
- Turn off to Elgin/Grabouw – opposite Peregrine Farmstall (50km from Cape Town Airport / 40km from Caledon)
- Turn on the R321 towards (Villiersdorp / Franschhoek)
- Follow the R321 for 11km up the mountain to the Hottentots Holland Nature Reserve on your left
- You have arrived at the home of Cape Canopy Tour!
What our customers think
The Cape's most epic mountain-top zipline experience! Come #flyAirNature with us in the verdant heart of the Kogelberg biosphere. Book online here:
Error: API requests are being delayed for this account. New posts will not be retrieved.
Log in as an administrator and view the Instagram Feed settings page for more details.
come back on your
and zipline for Free
How it works
- Enjoy your zipline adventure with us and make sure to enter your email address into the online feedback form afterwards
- You’ll receive an email a few weeks before your birthday, giving you time to book you next ‘flight’ with us
- Birthday bookings are valid on your actual birthday as well as 3 days either side
- Bring along your ID, passport or driver’s license; kit up and celebrate your birthday #flyairNature style!